Thomas Linning's Gravestone
NGR - NS
A new memorial stone to Linning was erected by the Scottish Covenanter Memorials Association in association with South Lanarkshire Council in 2002 and dedicated on 13 April 2003. Minister - Rev Ron Campbell,
Thomas Linning was a member of The Societies and had been sent to Holland by them to continue his studies for the ministry. He was ordained at Embden in 1688. On his return he began to preach in the fields around Lesmahagow. On the death of James Renwick the Rev Thomas Linning was appointed by the Societies to take his place.He look a major part in the renewing of the Covenants at Boreland Hill in 1689.