Kildonan House



NGR - NX 227831


The original Kildonan House no longer exists. It was referred to as the 'House of Kildonan' in 1696 by Abercrummie. The present house (private) was erected in 1914-23 for Captain Euan Wallace MP.

Kildonan House


Kildonan House was used as a garrison by Lt Gen William Drummond of Cromlix. Tradition claims that the soldiers form here were responsible for killing the two Barrhillmartyrs. They took the Covenanters' Bibles from them and returned here, burning them on the fire. Tradition claims that the original Kildonan House was burned down thereafter.