Douglas Heritage Museum

Douglas

Lanarkshire

NGR - NS 835309

Website - www.douglasheritagemuseum.co.uk

 

The museum is located within the old St Sophia's church building at the west side of the churchyard.

 

Opening Times:

From the 1st Saturday in April until the last Sunday in September, Saturdays and Sundays

2pm to 5pm

Visits may be arranged at other times by special arrangement.

 

Douglas Heritage Museum Trust
Scottish Charity No. SC022058

Douglas Heritage Museum

 

Hanging within the museum is Douglas's Covenanting flag. Although this only dates from 1745, the flag bears the legend Jehovah Nissi 1745 For God and the Covenanted Work of Reformation.

Also in the museum is a tiny tray around four inches by two inches. A brass plaque informs us that 'This tray is made from part of a room door at Lower Skellyhill Lesmahagow which was in use during the life time of the owner David Steel who was shot at Skellyhill for his adherence to the Covenant on 20th December 1686.'