The remote Darmead Muir, or Darmead Linn as it is sometimes referred to, was used as a site for Conventicles by the Covenanters. Amongst ministers who held conventicles here were Rev Donald Cargill, Rev Richard Cameron, Rev Thomas Douglas and Rev James Renwick.
NGR - NS 901553
The monument on Darmead Muir was erected in 1836. Adjoining the forestry road is a boulder with plaque, erected in 2006, which gives some background information.